GOswim Swimming Lessons
Whitlam Leisure Centre has partnered with Swimming Australia to bring you a new and effective swimming and water safety program, focused on experiential and activity-based learning. GOswim swimming lessons empower students to think, discuss and decide whilst having fun in and around water.
The curriculum covers five areas of learning that are combined and presented as activities to enhance student development. Key learning areas include:
- The strokes
- Balance, movement and recovery
- Breath control, submersion and readiness
- Water safety
- Entries and exits
Students Gain Access To
Enjoy weekly swimming lessons throughout the year for 48 weeks.
Easy and Affordable Payments
With fortnightly payments, swimming lessons are more affordable and can be easily managed with our direct debit system.
Preventing the need to re-enrol each term and offering you a preferred lesson time.
Communicate and stay in touch with your child’s progression, learning activities and outcomes via the Junior Splash App.
Four Weeks FREE*
Enjoy free family swim access for four weeks over the summer period
Plus, One Week Holiday Swim Program*
One week Holiday Swim Program for either Fast Track or the Water Safety program.
*if you do not suspend your membership
Students over the age of five with prior swimming experience are able to get a free swimming assessment.
Download the Splash App
The GOswim program is fully integrated into Swimming Australia's Splash App to enhance parent communication with the Whitlam Leisure Centre Swim School team.
Features of the App include:1. Parents being able to identify and track students’ progress through our clearly defined pathway.
2. Availability of digital encouragement awards as students’ progress through each stage of the program.
3. Parents gain access to online information enhancing their knowledge and understanding of the curriculum, learning activities, learning outcomes and other assessment criteria.
4. Parents gain awareness of student application of knowledge, skill and understanding of swimming and water safety.
GOswim FAQs Expand all
Who does GOswim cater to?
What are the benefits?
It's never too early or late to learn how to swim! Our program ensures students learn and understand personal survival and water safety elements at all ages.
Other Benefits Include
- Establishing a strong and effective swimming technique
- Becoming empowered to think, discuss and decide
- Enhancing knowledge, skill and understanding
- Supported by professionally qualified teachers
What are the Membership Fees?
Membership fees are due and payable via direct debit. This fee covers the cost of the lesson and holds the student’s place in class. A separate document detailing terms and conditions related to direct debit payments is available from reception.
GOSWIM Lessons are $18.20 per child per lesson
Establishment fees of $20 apply per family
Additions children or lessons per week will have a discounted rate - please talk to reception or call the centre.
What are the essentials for each lesson?
Essential for GOswim lessons include:
- A towel
- A well, non-contagious student
- Goggles or cap, if the student prefers
- A swim nappy if your child is not toilet trained
- A happy and cheery smile with lots of energy
- Students membership card and rewards card
What happens if we miss a lesson?
Call the centre prior to lesson to let them know you cannot make it. They will dicuss the Make Up policy* with you.